This page answers some of the most commonly asked questions about home care. If you can't find what you are looking for, please feel free to call us at any time of day at 705-719-9000 for answers to all your questions.

My 40-year-old son injured himself in an accident? He is having troubles with his activities of daily living, such as showering, meal preparation, and even cleaning his house. Can Simcoe Senior Services help?

Absolutely. You don't have to be a senior to use our services. We help people of all ages whether they need personal care, companionship care, or help with housekeeping and home maintenance.

I take care of my elderly father after his stroke? I work part-time but spend almost all the rest of my day with him. I love my father but I need a break. Can you help?

Of course! Whether you need our help for just a few hours per week or full-time, we can provide respite care. Families put a lot of time, effort, and love into the care of their family members and we understand that sometimes you just need a break. Many family caregivers find they need only a few hours each week to have time to attend to their own errands. Other family caregivers need live-in care so that they can take longer breaks for work or vacations. Whatever your needs for respite care, we can help.

How much will it cost?

The cost will depend on what services you need and how often you need those services. Many people are surprised to learn how affordable home care can be when compared to the cost of care in a seniors facility. Our rates are very competitive. Most of our PSW services are $30-$34/hour depending on the level of care required.

What payment options are available?

Fortunately, there are several options for payment if you are unable to pay privately from your own resources. Some options include:

  • Private Insurance Plans. Do you have private insurance that will pay the cost of home care?
  • Veterans Affairs: If you are a veteran you may be entitled to funds to pay for home care through Veterans Affairs.
  • Reverse Mortgage: Consider a reverse mortgage to provide you with funds for home care. Speaking with your bank about this option is the first step to deciding if this is a good option for you.
  • Other: Depending on your degree of disability, there are other ways to recover the cost of home support. Call us for more information.

Where are you located?

Simcoe Senior Services provides services throughout Simcoe County in Ontario, including Barrie, Orillia, Collingwood and everywhere in between. Our head office is located in Barrie.